Working with Objects
Importing Objects from Trimble 3D Warehouse™
This section is dedicated to importing objects from Trimble 3D Warehouse™ directly. If you have already downloaded an object to your device or iCloud Drive, refer to the Importing Objects section.
You need to have an Internet connection to import objects directly from Trimble 3D Warehouse™ since it is an online library.
To import a 3D model:
- Tap on the Menu button and choose Import and then From Trimble 3D Warehouse™. The object library will be shown in a built-in browser.
- Find a model you want to import. You can navigate through the library as on a regular website, or use the search box. Once you have found a model for your project, open its page.
- Tap the Download button on the object page. If several formats are provided, choose Collada or Google Earth KMZ format. Only these formats are supported.
Until an object is completely downloaded, a replacement image will be shown in the 2D and 3D views.
The duration of the downloading process depends on the object file size and on the speed of your Internet connection.
Settings that control importing from Trimble 3D Warehouse™ are located in the Import section of the Settings. The settings have the same meaning as options for importing from a file explained in the Import Options section.
To change the properties of an already imported object, use the Type and Representation panel. To open it, long-press on the object and choose the Type and Representation item from the popup menu. If the imported object is a door, window or staircase, you should specify this in the Type and Representation panel.
The Browser Window
The built-in browser operates mostly as an ordinary web browser.
Toolbar buttons (from left to right):
- Done - close the browser
- Go to the previous page and Go to the next page – navigation through the recently previewed pages
- Go to the home page – open the Trimble 3D Warehouse™ home page
- Home – open the Home page of the 3D Warehouse™
- Reload current page – refresh the page