Working with Roofs
Modifying the Style of a Roof
You can modify the style of a roof using the tools in the Object Properties tab of the Inspector.
The examples below show how to modify a gable roof to gambrel, hip, and shed roof. All of these roof styles are standard and can be created using the Roofing Assistant. The goal of the steps below is to demonstrate the use of the tools in the Inspector.
It is more convenient to modify roofs in the 3D view.
Modifying a gable roof to a gambrel roof
- Select a roof slope.
- In the Inspector, click the Add segment below selected button.
- Change the Angle of the lower segment to 60 degrees.
- Adjust the Height of the lower segment, if necessary.
- Repeat steps 1–4 with the opposite roof slope.
Modifying a gable roof to a hip roof
- Select a gable and change its Angle to 45 degrees.
- If necessary, adjust the Overhang value.
- Repeat steps 1 and 2 for the other gable.
- Change the material of the new slopes using the Material Picker located in the Object Materials tab of the Inspector.
Modifying a gable roof to a shed roof
- Select a roof slope and change its type to Gable.
- Select the other roof slope and change its Angle to 10 degrees.
- If necessary, adjust the Overhang and Thickness of the roof slope.
- Change the material of the new slopes, using the Material Picker located in the Object Materials tab of the Inspector.