Creating Screenshots and Videos
Creating and Modifying Movie Tracks in 3D
- Creation of a Movie Track in 3D
- Changing the Location and Orientation of a Camera in 3D
- Adding New Cameras to the End of an Existing Track
- Removing Movie Cameras or Tracks
Creation of a Movie Track in 3D
To create a movie track in the 3D view, you should walk through your project and set movie cameras at the beginning and end of your path. If there are turns, add one or two movie cameras at every turn.
Before you start, open the Camera Properties tab of the Inspector.
- Walk to the point in the 3D view that should be the start point for your movie. Rotate, change the elevation or the vertical angle using the Walk Control or keys.
- Click the Add Movie Track from 3D Viewpoint button in the Inspector.
This button creates a new movie track and adds the first movie camera to it.
- Move on to the next position. If necessary, adjust the camera orientation or elevation.
- Click the Add Movie Camera from 3D Viewpoint button in the Inspector.
A new camera will be added to the movie track saving your current position.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 until you arrive at the final position.
The location and orientation of movie cameras can be changed later in the 3D or 2D Plan view.
After a movie track has been created, check its path in the 2D Plan view. It is possible that one of the movie track segments passes through a wall or furniture. To correct the movie track shape, change its curvature and, if necessary, add more movie cameras.
Changing the Location and Orientation of a Camera in 3D
To change the location or orientation of a movie camera, select it on the floor plan or in the Camera Properties tab of the Inspector. The 3D view will show a camera icon in the top right corner indicating that your current position in 3D is linked to a camera, and if you rotate or move, the position and direction of the camera will change accordingly.
Walk or rotate until you get to the desired position. In order to unlink the camera, deselect it by clicking on any object in the 3D view.
Adding New Cameras to an Existing Track
To add a camera to the end of an existing movie track, select this track in the Camera Properties tab of the Inspector. Walk to the position for a new camera. Click the Add Movie Camera from 3D Viewpoint to actually add a camera.
In the 2D Plan view, you can also add a movie camera in the middle of the movie track.
Removing a Movie Camera
To remove a movie camera, select it on the floor plan and press the Delete key.
You can also select a camera in the Inspector by its name and click the Delete button below the list.
Removing a Movie Track
To remove a movie track, select it on the floor plan (click on a segment, not on a camera) and press the Delete key.
You can also select a movie track in the Inspector and click the Delete button below the list.