BeLight Software Privacy Statement
Your privacy is important to us. This Privacy Statement covers how we collect, use, disclose, transfer and store your information.
Collection and Use of Personal Information
Personal information is data that can be used to identify or contact a single person.
You may be asked to provide your personal information any time you are in contact with BeLight Software. We may share and use this information consistent with this Privacy Statement. We may also combine it with other information to provide and improve our products, services, content and advertising. You are not required to provide the personal information that we have requested, but, if you choose not to do so, in many cases, we will not be able to provide you with our products or services or respond to any queries you may have.
What personal information we collect:
When you purchase a product, download software or an update, register for company or product newsletters, contact us or participate in an online survey, we may collect a variety of information, including your name, mailing address, phone number and email address.
How we use your personal information:
- The personal information we collect allows us to keep you posted on BeLight Software's latest product announcements, software updates and upcoming events. If you don't want to be on our mailing list, you can opt out any time by emailing us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- We also use personal information to help us create, develop, operate, deliver and improve upon our products, services, content and advertising, as well as for loss prevention purposes.
- We may use your personal information to verify identity, assist with identification of users and determine appropriate services.
- From time to time, we may use your personal information to send important notices, such as communications about purchases and changes to our terms, conditions and policies. Because this information is important to your interaction with BeLight Software, you may not opt out of receiving these communications.
- We may also use personal information for internal purposes, such as auditing, data analysis and research to improve BeLight Software products, services and customer communications.
- If you enter into a sweepstakes, contest or similar promotion, we may use the information you provide to administer those programs.
Collection and Use of Non-personal Information
We also collect data in a form that does not, on its own, permit direct association with any specific individual. We may collect, use, transfer and disclose non-personal information for any purpose. The following are some examples of non-personal information that we collect and how we may use it:
- We may collect information such as occupation, language, zip code, area code, unique device identifier, referrer URL, location and the time zone where a BeLight Software product is used so that we can better understand customer behavior and improve our products, services and advertising.
- We may collect information regarding customer activities on our websites and from our other products and services. This information is aggregated and used to help us provide more useful information to our customers and to understand which parts of our website, products and services are of most interest. Aggregated data is considered non-personal information for the purposes of this Privacy Statement.
- With your permission only, we may collect information and statistics about software usage and user behavior while using the software. We will use this data internally to understand how to improve our software and user experience. At any time, you can recall the permission to collect software usage statistics via the app settings on iOS/iPadOS, and via the app preferences on macOS.
If we do combine non-personal information with personal information, the combined information will be treated as personal information for as long as it remains combined.
Cookies and Other Technologies
BeLight Software websites, online services, interactive applications, email messages and advertisements may use "cookies" and other technologies, such as pixel tags and web beacons. These technologies help us better understand user behavior, tell us which parts of our websites people have visited and facilitate and measure the effectiveness of advertisements and web searches. We treat information collected by cookies and other technologies as non-personal information. However, to the extent that Internet Protocol (IP) addresses or similar identifiers are considered personal information by local law, we also treat these identifiers as personal information. Similarly, to the extent that non-personal information is combined with personal information, we treat the combined information as personal information for the purposes of this Privacy Statement.
If you want to disable cookies, and you're using the Safari web browser, go to Safari Preferences and then to the Privacy pane to manage your preferences. For other browsers, check with your provider to find out how to disable cookies. Please note that certain features of the BeLight Software website will not be available once cookies are disabled.
As is true of most internet services, we gather some information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, browser type and language, Internet service provider (ISP), referring and exit websites and applications, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data.
We use this information to understand and analyze trends, to administer the site, to learn about user behavior on the site, to improve our product and services and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. BeLight Software may use this information in our marketing and advertising services.
In some of our email messages, we use a “click-through URL” linked to content on the BeLight Software website. When customers click one of these URLs, they pass through a separate web server before arriving at the destination page on our website. We track this click-through data to help us determine interest in particular topics and measure the effectiveness of our customer communications. If you prefer not to be tracked in this way, you should not click text or graphic links in the email messages. Pixel tags enable us to send email messages in a format customers can read, and they tell us whether mail has been opened. We may use this information to reduce or eliminate messages sent to customers.
Disclosure to Third Parties
At times, BeLight Software may make certain personal information available to strategic partners that work with BeLight Software to provide products and services or that help BeLight Software market to customers. Personal information will only be shared by BeLight Software to provide or improve our products, services and advertising; it will not be shared with third parties for their marketing purposes.
BeLight Software shares personal information with companies that provide services such as information processing, fulfilling customer orders, delivering products to you, managing and enhancing customer data, providing customer service, assessing your interest in our products and services and conducting customer research or satisfaction surveys. These companies are obligated to protect your information.
Services we use and their respective privacy policies:
Google Analytics is used to analyze website visitors' behavior and activity:
YouTube is used for video content playback:
Vimeo is used for video content playback:
FastSpring is used for online order processing:
Paddle is used for online order processing:
ImpactRadius is used to track sales generated by websites that sends affiliate traffic to our products:
Trimble 3D Warehouse service is used to provide users access to online storage of 3D models:
YouTube API Services are used for uploading walkthrough videos to YouTube:
Devtodev is used as a solution to collect and analyze user behavior within software:
It may be necessary — by law, legal process, litigation and/or requests from public and governmental authorities within or outside your country of residence — for BeLight Software to disclose your personal information. We may also disclose information about you if we determine that disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce our terms and conditions or protect our operations or users. Additionally, in the event of a reorganization, merger or sale, we may transfer any and all personal information we collect to the relevant third party.
Protection of Personal Information
BeLight Software takes the security of your personal information very seriously. BeLight Software online services, such as the BeLight Software website store and embedded into software store, protect your personal information during transit using encryption such as Transport Layer Security (TLS). When your personal data is stored by BeLight Software, we use computer systems with limited access and encrypted storage.
When you use some BeLight Software products, services or applications, or post on a BeLight Software forum, chat room or social networking service, the personal information and content you share is visible to other users and can be read, collected or used by them. In these instances, you are responsible for the personal information you choose to share or submit.
Integrity and Retention of Personal Information
BeLight Software will retain your personal information for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Privacy Statement unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law.
Access to Personal Information
Access, correction or deletion requests can be made via email at: email@example.com
If we learn that we have collected the personal information of a child under 13, or equivalent minimum age depending on jurisdiction, we will take steps to delete the information as soon as possible.
Parents can contact us via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Third-party Sites and Services
BeLight Software websites, products, applications and services may contain links to third-party websites, products and services. Our products and services may also use or offer products or services from third parties. Information collected by third parties, which may include such things as location data or contact details, is governed by their privacy practices. We encourage you to learn about the privacy practices of those third parties.
Commitment to Your Privacy
To ensure that your personal information is secure, we communicate our privacy and security guidelines to BeLight Software employees and strictly enforce privacy safeguards within the company.
If you have any questions or concerns about the BeLight Software Privacy Statement or data processing, or if you would like to make a complaint about a possible breach of local privacy laws, please contact us at: email@example.com
BeLight Software may update its Privacy Statement from time to time. When we change the policy in a material way, a notice will be posted on our website along with the updated Privacy Statement.